Interested in working with us? See available job descriptions below.
SLV Generation Wild Program Coordinator
Please send letter of application and resume to:
San Luis Valley Great Outdoors
This person will work directly with the Executive Committee of the SLV Generation Wild Coalition and our partner programs to provide coordination as well as the development and execution of a marketing strategy . They will also manage the participation data reporting and evaluation of the outdoor and environmental education programs in order to share impact throughout the year. The position reports to the Executive Director of San Luis Valley Great Outdoors.
Generation Wild funding from GOCO created hundreds of new opportunities for youth to engage in outdoor activities, strengthened numerous individual organizations, and encouraged a spirit of collaboration between those organizations in ways that will allow even greater success in the future. As two of the “GenWild” programs come together to create the San Luis Valley Generation Wild Collaboration, building a sustainable future is front-of-mind for the partners. This position will be integral in helping the coalition partners reach this next level in program development and offerings to the community.
$35,000 – $40,000 with benefits package
* Previous experience in youth outdoor recreation.
* Ability to effectively market our partner programs to the San Luis Valley.
* Experience with fundraising and grant writing.
* Bilingual Spanish speaker.
* Survey San Luis Valley communities and identify gaps in programming.
* Reach out to existing programs not currently a part of GenWild and determine areas for collaboration.
* Ensure all information is available in Spanish.
* Point of contact for all SLV Gen Wild communications.
* Schedule meetings on behalf of the coalition and community, as needed.
* Collaborates with all partnering organizations of SLV Gen Wild.
* Ensure there is a consistent GenWild social media presence.
* Develop an outreach campaign to engage currently underrepresented populations.
* Manages marketing campaign development, event planning, social media presence.
* Assists with outreach in schools.
Assists Program Development and Volunteer Coordination.
* Promotes partner programs to the public.
* Working knowledge of business applications for Google (Gmail & Drive), Dropbox, Windows, and Microsoft Office
* Oversee implementation of the Generation Wild Grant – Places, Pathways, Programs.
* Works collaboratively with the City of Alamosa and partners to monitor Program Budget, Financials, and Funding streams and reconcile end of year grant reporting
* Oversee all GOCO participation data reporting, tracking, communication; place developments; community match documentation
* Serves as coalition liaison with Kaiser Permanente and GOCO for reporting.
* Writes grants and assist in fundraising programs for SLV Gen Wild and partner organizations
* Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in non-standard workplaces and times, including the outdoors, on weekends, early mornings, and evenings.
* Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, maturity, initiative, sense of humor, flexibility, team spirit, and commitment to mission.
* Ability to travel between facilities and outside office activities using private vehicle, as needed
* Be able to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment and supplies for events and other needs.
* Ability to participate in hiking, mountain biking, paddling, climbing, skiing, etc, for capturing pictures and video of partners’ programming for marketing and communication purposes.
* Willingness to learn new skills in other outdoor activities.
* Previous grant writing experience is a plus.
* Invested in creating culturally relevant and diverse programs for communities.