San Luis Valley Great Outdoors (SLVGO) is a regional cooperative initiative to create and implement a long-term and continually developing plan for trails and outdoor recreation in the six counties of the San Luis Valley.
10 year Priorities
- Improve community wellness through enhanced in-town recreation facilities.
- Connect, expand, and enhance trail systems throughout the San Luis Valley.
- Grow more recreation programs and activities specifically tailored to San Luis Valley youth.
- Expand Water Based recreation.
- Expand opportunities for Winter Recreation.
- Promote San Luis Valleys recreation opportunities and increase information sharing about what there is to see and do in the San Luis Valley.
SLVGO has 9 Tool Kits as part of our Master Plan that focuses on best practices from a variety of communities who have had successful trail and outdoor recreation projects.
- Shaping Recreation Destinations
- Building Healthier Communities
- Developing Trail Systems
- Realizing Trail Connections
- Connecting Youth and the Outdoors
- Balancing Recreation and Conservation
- Promoting Recreation
- Hosting Recreation Events
- Funding and Sustaining SLV Recreation