A Fundraising Program of SLV GO!
EACH TIME YOU PURCHASE AN ITEM AT A PARTICIPATING BUSINESS, 1% OF YOUR TOTAL WILL BE ADDED TO YOUR BILL AND GO TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRAILS AND OUTDOOR RECREATION PROJECTS RIGHT IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
HOW DOES THE 1% MODEL WORK?
- Participating businesses create within their POS system a new ‘taxation’ entry that reflects the overall standard tax requirement ‘plus 1%’
- The method of implementing the 1% contribution process via a tax setting is an accounting process.
- This process does not create a new and incorrect taxation value (‘standard + 1%’ tax entry as the default tax selection)
- At the time of checkout, the default setting is
that a fee of 1% of the customers total bill is
attached to the sale value.
- Customer participation in the program is fully voluntary.
- A customer can choose at the time of checkout not to contribute and a sales person can manually select normal taxation entries at the time of sale.
WHAT WILL FUNDS BE USED FOR?
- Trails, outdoor recreation, and restoration projects in your community.
- No more than 20% will go towards capacity to
execute and sustain these projects.
HOW WOULD PARTICIPATING BENEFIT THE COMMUNITY?
- Funds raised would directly address community identified needs as they relate to outdoor recreation.
- Access to trails and outdoor recreation has proven to:
- Build our local economy through recreation-based tourism
- Improve the overall community health & wellness
- Increase livability & quality of life
- Contribute to community identity, providing opportunities for social connection
- Improve safety via access and connectivity
- Can grow appreciation of the land & history
- Find more info here
HOW CAN I BECOME A PARTICIPATING BUSINESS?
- Be located in the San Luis Valley
- Send a message to email@example.com to set up a meeting
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You will earn business recognition:
- Logo/picture, contact info, website link, and detailed info about your business on our website
- Promotions via social media
- Announcement of new business in our monthly newsletter that is sent out to over 100 partners and supporters of SLV GO!
- We will keep you informed of the projects we are working on via newsletter.
- You will receive a tax break (25% of the total donation)
- This is considered an anonymous donation from a customer, only costing the business the administrative time it takes to transfer the funds.
- PLUS participating is the easiest way to support and advocate for San Luis Valley trails, outdoor recreation, and open space!